Royal Holloway is located in a beautiful part of Surrey, a county famed for its historic market towns, parks and woodlands, and a lively cultural sporting scene. The university campus is located very close to Runnymede, where the Magna Carta was sealed in 1215. Nearby are Windsor Great Park, adjoining Windsor Castle, and Wentworth Golf Club, home of the annual PGA Championship. Central London is easily accessible by train for a whole host of activities – trips to the shops, famous tourist attractions, galleries, theatres and nightlife.
The college campus is situated just a few minutes walk from Windsor Great Park between the villages of Englefield Green and Virginia Water, and close to the towns of Egham, Staines and Windsor.
Further information is available here.
Maps and directions are provided here. A campus plan is available here.
- Ascot racecourse
- Brooklands museum
- Denbies wine estate
- Hampton Court Palace
- Royal Horticultural Society Garden, Wisley
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Savill Garden and Virginia Water Valley Garden
- Thorpe Park
- Windsor Castle
- Windsor Visitors’ Guide
- Englefield Green
- Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- Runnymede Borough Council
- Spelthorne District Council
- Surrey Property – Estate Agents and Town Guides
- Surrey Visitor Information
Regional news and business
Please note that links to external sites are provided for information only and the College is not responsible for their content.